March 24, 2011

"Outside Over There"

Day Twenty-one


My heart and mind simply are not built to fit in
Though I change daily just as anyone else
Even the changes carry me to a different place
It matters not whether I am at work or church
Shopping or laughing with family
I somehow seem to be contained in a separate sphere
Always just beyond whatever seems to be the go and flow of the moment
I really do not mind this
I am used to it by now
But sometimes
When my mind believes so strongly
Or my heart struggles so deeply
Over things observed
To the point I feel compelled to express what seems no one notices
I cannot hold back
And voice words
Sounding strangely intense
Shooting rapidly as water from a pump over- primed
And those standing by wonder
Why this person speaks so intently
About nothing

No comments: